Monday, November 17, 2014

Music Monday: My 1989 Album Review

I could have posted this the day the album came out. I could have posted this the following day. I could have posted this last week. However, I waited this long for a reason. I needed to listen the album so many times so I could really write about how I feel about the album. I have been a fan of Taylor Swift since I was 16 and a junior in high school. I am now 25 and even more of a fan. Here is my review for every song on the album!


Welcome To New York

This song reminds me of the first time I ever went to New York. I just remember all the lights and thinking this place can make anyone's dreams come true if you let it. It is such an amazing city.


Blank Space

If you are not equally obsessed with this song as me then we are so over. No really this song has been my go to song since the first listen. There is so much about this song that I love. I was really having a blast with this song on the way home from work the other day and got total side eye from some guy in the car beside me. IT'S TAYLOR OKAY?


Style

This is another favorite of mine. The song reminds me of watching Grease. I know that probably sounds insane, but the way she describes the guy in the song all I can think about is Danny Zuko and Sandy. I am a huge Grease fan and I am going to pretend that Taylor is too, ok? This is another fun song that you just cannot stop listening too.


Out Of The Woods

This song is an amazing song about a love coming and going. Taylor may have left country music but if you changed the beats up a little bit this could have been a country song. The story telling in this is amazing!


All You Had To Do Was Stay

This song's statement is simple. You had one job to do, it was to stay. You left so now it's gone. This song has a different sound. I really like the technoy stay in the background.


Shake It Off

I have already given you my synopsis on this one, so I won't bore you again.


I Wish You Would

I feel like this song was written before All You Had To Do Was Stay, before she realized she was over him and she really wanted him back. But I love the sound of the song, the music even sounds like it is begging him to come back. I wish I, I wish I...


Bad Blood

Have you ever had a best friend who totally stabs you in the back and you can't seem to get that friendship back? Like totally sleeps with the guy you have been crushing on forever and then proceeds to tell you the story all the time? Okay, that totally happened to me, but that's another story for another day. However, THIS SONG IS TO YOU OKAY?? 


Wildest Dreams

I love this song. I can't really pinpoint what I love about this song. Maybe the fact that she is trying to get him to remember the good not the bad, even if he can only remember it in his wildest dreams


How You Get The Girl

Taylor described this song perfectly. "“The song ‘How You Get the Girl’ is a song that I wrote about how you get the girl back if you ruined the relationship somehow and she won’t talk to you anymore,” Swift explained. “Like, if you broke up with her and left her on her own for six months and then you realize you miss her. All the steps you have to do to edge your way back into her life, because she’s probably pretty mad at you.“So it’s kind of a tutorial. If you follow the directions in the song, chances are things will work out. Or you may get a restraining order.”"


This Love

This song is so sad sounding. It makes me sad listening to it, so I will admit if I am in my car, I skip over it. Still love it though, just not a car song.


I Know Places

This song reminds me of her saying here trust me and I'll keep you safe nobody will ever find us. Not to mention it is amazing to listen to in the car!


I like this song and somedays I don't. I cannot figure out why? Every time I listen to it all I can hear is my mom asking me how she reached the roof to punch a hole in it. So there's that.


Wonderland

I am a huge sucker for Alice In Wonderland and I love references to the book/movie in songs so this song gets a win! It also has the techoy ey ey in it so again I love it.


You Are In Love

I love this song because she is talking about finally realizing you are in love with someone. You now know why so many people fight so hard for it. GAH LOVE IT.


New Romantics

I love this song so much. It is so catchy and you are like yeah heartbreak is the national anthem! It is another one of those car songs that I love!!!

So, Taylor Swift, you are amazing and have put out yet another AMAZING album and I am proud to call myself a fan. 

Do yourself a favor and go buy this album!!!


Jess

No comments:

Post a Comment

Design by | SweetElectric